Sous-Vide @ The British Larder
What is sous-vide cooking? Sous-vide – which literally translates from French as ‘under vacuum’ – was originally developed in France during the early 1970′s. The process evolved when a chef and a university food scientist joined forces to devise a method for perfect foie gras. The best method proved to be sealing the food in a pouch under vacuum before slowly cooking it at a controlled low temperature. With the right sous-vide equipment the gentle cooking process results in tender textures and enhanced, intense flavours, which are now part of every serious professional chef’s life.
The Clifton Food Range of water baths guarantees accurate temperature control, and is now in use in the most exciting and acclaimed kitchens in the UK, including many Michelin starred restaurants. The range is ideal for all types of low temperature cooking, including sous-vide, in line with the growing appreciation of the benefits of Molecular Gastronomy.
The British Larder has teamed up with Clifton Food Range to come up with a package designed for home and small commercial use.
This Package includes an 8 Litre Unstirred Digital Clifton Water Bath and a Orved Vacuum Family Sealer + includes 50 vacuum pouches.
Each package cost £795 inc. VAT + £15.00 UK Delivery charge (Outside UK delivery charge quotes on request)
To place your order e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote REF: BL101
- Restaurant Sat Bains Organic Salmon, Miso Caramel, Nettle Juice
- Crispy Quack Eggs with Radish Mayonnaise
- Slow Cooked Duck Leg with a Sweet Tamarind Pickled Rhubarb
- Slow Cooked Shoulder of Lamb, Greek Style Salad and Warm lamb Vinaigrette
- Sweet and Sour Pigs Cheeks
- Ham and Egg Salad
- Coq-Au-Vin with Parsnip Cream
- Fine Peat Tart
- The Ultimate Cottage Pie
- Slow Cooked Hens Eggs
- Date Slice with Earl Grey Tea Bananas and Stem Ginger Ice Cream
- The Celebration of Pigs Cheeks
- Pork Belly Croquettes with Roasted Corn Cream
- Oxtail and Roasted Onion Broth
- Vanilla Sous Vide Rhubarb